Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Macua report and new car

Online has been pretty uneventful so far this month. Kinda the way I like it really. Ive been putting in a decent volume and am basically even profitwise so far this month. made 50k vpps so far and hoping to hit 100k by the end of the month and reach 600k overall for the year.

So I headed down to cork on Friday morning for day 1b of the Irish classic. Got a plane down which was grand and id defo recommend it to anyone travelling to Cork. Takes about 40 mins which is pretty sweet and it only cost €25 return. travelled down on my own but stayed with Conor, one of my fellow team mates for the teamcop which were going to win this weekend.
Got off to a slow enough start in the tourney and wasnt 100% happy with how I was playing. Managed to grind away anyway and things picked up in day 2. much hapier with my how I was playing and hitting a few hands too.
Made a couple of really nice plays and a couple of hero calls getting my stack upto about 200k about 10 places from the money. Anyone who knows me will know Im not the type to tighten up around the bubble to scrape into the money. So sure enough I tried to build a big stack before the bubble. Was doin really well until I lost a big pot to the chip leader at my table, blind on blind. That crippled me and I was down to 90k chips four places from the money. Change of plan now decided I was gonna basically fold into the money which I did comfortably.
Eventually went on to finish 12th out of 158 players for 3k. Was hopin I was goin to chop my 3rd tourney in a row. which would have been pretty sick. Wasnt to be unfortunately but still a nice result. Made another €1400 from % swaps so that was nice too. Flew home on Sunday evening and took the rest of the night off and chilled out.

Treated myself to a new car on Monday. I had looked at it last week and wanted to bring a mechanic with me this time to make sure it wasmechanically sound.He said it seemed fine and so I bought it. Its a 01 BMW 325ci convertible. Always wanted a convertible even though theres not much point in Ireland. Im collecting it from the garage in a few days so Im excited about that. Now I have the agony of trying to sell my old car a 99 BMW 323ci. anyone interested give me a bell its a really nice car which has been well looked after with lots of extras and fsh etc.
thats it just gonna gring the rest of the week and hit the citywest for the teamcop on friday

No comments:

Post a Comment