Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Easy Game

Enjoyed the good weather over the weekend in Galway and a couple of days off. Got home Sunday evening and decided I was gonna play a few tourneys online after getting a taste of success with my $27k win last Sunday. Started at about 9pm and basically regd for any $50+ mtt that was starting in the next couple of hours. Played the million,2nd chance,Sunday 500 and a good few others. Played about 20 tourneys in total and was in for around $3k, before I knew it it was getting late and I only had 1 tourney left! Think I had 1 or 2 min cashes apart from this so needed a result from it. Also played a step 6 an failed to cash so 15/35 now for the year.
Anyway it was the $162 6 max and it got 982 players. I had a decent stack from about 100 out and was really happy with how I played. Went on to win it for a nice $25,778! Although I must admit I got very very lucky in the heads up battle.This was my favourite moment..
I was 2-1 down in chips at 1 stage and got it all in on a 9x 7x 4x board with Q 10 against 9 7. Not the best of shape Ive ever got it in and was typing gg wellplayed etc. when a 10 comes on the turn giving me a chance then BOOM 4 on the river!! WUHOO giving me the chip lead. Got lucky on the final hand too getting it in with 2nd pair against top pair but managed to suck out again. Nice to get really lucky for a change though and I have no problem admiting that I did.

Gave myself a day off Monday and enjoyed some more sun. Hard to motivate urself to grind away online when u won $26k the night before, didnt finish till 6am and its so nice outside. Chilled out most of the day but ended up playing a few hours Monday night. Played mostly steps but played a few tourneys too seen as Ive been running so well in them. Similar to Sunday before I knew it I only had 1 mtt left with no other cashes. This time it was the $50 rebuy. It got 340 players and again I went on to win it for $9,570. We actually done a chop heads up with me getting slightly more cos I had more chips. Another good nights work.

On a real heater atm and its totally taking my mind off missing Vegas. Ive been playing alot of mtts over the past few weeks to get my tournament game in tip top shape for the wsop. Up over $70k the past 3 weeks in mtts so must be doin something right. Heading down to Killarney tomorrow for the UKIPT so hopefully I can keep the form going and get a good run before Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment