Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Last Friday was pretty hectic! Had my heat of the late night stars of poker in Citywest at 10am. So i had to be there at 9am. Which meant getting up before 8am! UUGGHH! Anyway had no success in my heat finished 3rd. Pretty annoyed with my exit hand. I know hinesight is a great thing but I really should have folded as I was beating nothing. Heres the link for the show for anyone who hasnt seen it http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1057371 Played fine until that

So after playing in that I rushed home to try and catch my flight to Killarney. Which I managed to catch somehow! The flight was due to take off at 2.30pm. I got to Dublin Airport at 2.15pm ran through customs!! And got on the plane at 2.20pm!! I was the last person to get on the flight obviously. Couldnt believe I got on the plane 10 mins before takeoff! Arrived in the INEC around 4pm ish and was down only a couple of hundred chips. Got off to a good start but seemed to get dwindled away towards the end of the day and day 2. Got knocked out about half way through day 2 and so it was too late to play the side event. Wasnt keen on playing it anyway. I didnt play any other form of poker after my main event exit and decided to go on the piss. Great craic down there as I had expected with everybody who is anybody in Irish Poker was around.

Dissapointing to see the main event and the side event bein won by overseas players. Great result for Goffy coming 2nd and a very nice payday for him and all the lads. Always good to see the Dubs doin well in these festivals. Stayed in Killarney till monday flew home monday and spent the day in bed recovering from a hefty weekends drinking.

Got back to the grind on Tuesday and got stuck in. Felt guilty after taking another 4 days off and so I had some catching up to do. With less than 3 months left in the year I need to start putting in some long hours to get elite.
Headed to the 1/4 finals of the darts in Citywest on Friday. Was good craic obviously but the matches were a bit disappointing. Taylor beat Lewis 4-0 and Barney beat the Irsh guy Jacko 4-0. Men against boys stuff in fairness. Watched the Ireland v Italy match on Saturday and so it was pretty much another weekend full of drinking and very little poker.

Im on 710k vpps now which means I need 290k more by the end of the year for Elite. Should do it alright just gonna be a busy 3 months. Gonna give the IPO a miss this weekend cos I didnt really enjoy it last year. Venue isnt really able for the amount of players it holds. Irish winter festival next week will be the next live outing. That and the IPC is all I have planned really before xmas

No comments:

Post a Comment